Here are the plugins I commonly use for Firefox:
- Google Browser Sync - share a common browser environment across multiple computers.
- Weave - share a common browser environment across multiple computers.
- Flashblock - flash doesn't run until you click on it.
- IE Tab - embed IE into Firefox tabs. Useful for sites that only work with IE.
- CookieSafe - better tool for controlling cookie permissions.
- FireBug - essential for web development.
- Greasemonkey - download scripts to customize sites.
- I only block ads from intellitxt and a few others that are terribly
- FireFTP - featureful FTP client for Firefox.
- S3Fox - utility for accessing Amazon's S3 file storage.
- ChatZilla - an IRC client.
Here are some of the software applications I often use:
- TortoiseSVN - best version control client for Windows.
- Java - core programming language.
- Python - very handy scripting language.
- Notepad++ - nice free Windows editor.
- Virtual Dimension - provide multiple desktops in Windows.
- Firefox - my preferred browser.
- IntelliJ IDEA - my favorite IDE.
- SpaceMonger - a useful tool to see where your disk space is going.
- WinMerge - one of several good diff tools.
Here are some other, more special purpose applications:
Here are the plugins I commonly use for IntelliJ IDEA:
- Open containing folder in a ...
- Mercurial Integration *or* hg4idea