Things To Do Before "1.0":
- Add animated dragon logo on right top.
- Fix permalinks.
- Get the front page working at mcherm.com. (It would be nice if
"http://mcherm.com/blog" also worked since I've been giving that out
while in beta.)
- Add the actual blog title.
- Valid XHTML.
- Valid CSS.
- Make it work in IE6 with narrow margins.
- Add map logo on the left top.
- Document licensing of content.
- Better way to include code snippets. Man, that's broken!
- Fix the display of the archives.
- Fix links so my mom can recognize them (underlines!).
- Fix side bar so it works when narrow.
- Take off the "print this page" link. What's it there for anyhow?
Things To Do Eventually:
- Provide better formatting for code samples in body and in comments.
- Use a plug-in for caching
- Upgrade my WordPress version (figure out how!).
- Find a tool to make it easier and quicker to put in images.
- Provide for printing in the CSS so it looks useful.
- Host images at S3
- Add some caching tool so I can handle sudden large traffic.
- Switch to random subset of blogroll in sidebar.
- Include info from my del.icio.us feed in sidebar. This is worthwhile
because my feed is fairly rich in information but no one knows it.
- Support OpenID by adding the following text to the home page:
- Allow for OpenID logins so people don't have to create user IDs on my
system if they use OpenID.
- Set up automatic regular backups.
- Clean out the large number of "spam" user accounts.
- Provide a means to format it in Outlook for mailing at work.
WordPress Plugins to Consider
Posted Mon 17 December 2007